Learning to thrive in an uncertain world
Pressure to perform in the workplace, at home, and in the classroom remains unabated. Juggling multiple, different and new responsibilities in the face of unrelenting uncertainty requires a different set of tools and practices. Now more than ever learning to thrive in an uncertain, unstable world requires sustained emotional resilience and psychological robustness.
Very few of us have been taught how to manage, regulate and express our emotions appropriately. At 5th Place we’ve created a way to work with emotions that is easy to learn and easy to use. A tool for the times, Shape of Emotion, is a model, process and tool of how we structure, store, represent and regulate our inner feeling states.
How will you benefit?
This training course will provide you with the opportunity to
- Gain a better understanding of what emotions are, how they are made and the key role they play in our physical, emotional and mental health and wellbeing
- Explore the strategies used to BAN (bury, avoid, numb) emotions
- Gain insight into the foundations, research and science underpinning Shape of Emotion
- Learn a new model and tool for the regulation of emotions for your own personal practice, to use one on one or in groups
- Explore getting into the CAB - contracting, action and boundaries
- Use Shape of Emotion for groups
- Learn how Shape of Emotion can be used as a coaching or therapy model
- Practice your skills in groups of two and three
There are several Online Shape of Emotion Practitioner training courses planned for 2021 (SoE 21). Each course comprises three modules and participants are required to attend all three modules of the training programme.
The times for each online training day are 10h00 - 13h00 CAT.
The first two courses for 2021 are listed below. More will be added in due course.
Shape of Emotion Practitioner 21-1
Module 1 Wednesday 10 February - Friday 12 February
Wednesday 24 March - Friday 26 March
Wednesday 5 May - Friday 7 May
Shape of Emotion Practitioner 21-2
Tuesday 9 March - Thursday 11 March
Tuesday 13 April - Thursday 15 April
Tuesday 1 June - Thursday 3 June
Next course registration closes in...
The Online Shape of Emotion Practitioner training course costs R30,000
- A 50% deposit secures your place
- A payment plan can be arranged (see below)
- Payment can be made via bank transfer (EFT) or credit card.
- Upon receipt of your application, the relevant banking information and / or payment information will be supplied
Frequently asked questions
- Attendance and successful completion of all three modules is required in order for you to receive the 5th Place Shape of Emotion Practitioners Certificate
- The certificate will be issued in your legal name as an attendee and emailed as a print quality PDF
- The certificate verifies you as a certified Shape of Emotion practitioner and enables you to practice Shape of Emotion with yourself, others and in groups
- The certificate enrolls you in the 5th Place Shape of Emotion faculty for three months
- Certification entitles you to be listed as a member of the 5th Place Shape of Emotion practitioners circle on the 5th Place website
- There is a minimum attendee requirement. If this is not reached the course may be cancelled or postponed at the discretion of 5th Place
- If you cancel your registration less than 3 (three) working days prior to the course commencement, you will be liable for 50% of the course fee
- If you who do not participate in the course without cancelling, you will still be liable for the full fee
- Notification of cancellation must be sent in writing, via email, to [email protected]
- Cancellations may only be deemed to be effective once confirmed by a member of 5th Place